Friday, May 20, 2016

Written proposal
An ancient pastime

 Wrestler Anthony Robles was a one legged wrestler who wrestled in college at Arizona State University at the 125 pound weight class, who also had won a national title. Wrestling was included in the ancient Olympic Games, and was one of the select sports included in the first modern Olympic Games in Athens, Greece in 1896. Over 135 nations sponsor a wrestling federation. Wrestling is one of the top three medal winning sports for the United States. Wrestling is important to me because i have had a long and rocky journey with wrestling. I hope to answer what makes wrestling different from any other sport.

One thing that I will need to research is the background and the history of wrestling. I will need to understand how and why wrestling was in vented. Also I will need to find out how wrestling has survived over the years. I will try to find every single fact that I can about wrestling. I already know when and where wrestling was invented but I will need to find more specific things about when it was invented. Such as who invented it and other little things such as what they wore or like were wrestling matches were held. In order to complete my research I will need to understand how wrestling works.

I will find some of the information through certain websites and biographies and videos and movies. Some such as the book the Foxcatcher and the movie the Foxcatcher. Also there are a ton of video biographies in YouTube about wrestling and its past or even some on wrestlers such as Dave Schultz and Anthony Robles. One expert that I will interview is my high school wrestling coach, coach Fenix Martin He was a champion in high school and a world champion in multiple styles throughout his wrestling career.

By the time I finish my research I will know everything there is to know about wrestling and its fundaments and have enough knowledge. Such as how the sport has survived and what makes wrestling so different from any other sport. At the end I will Show what makes wrestling so different and why it is still around. My product will be proven facts about the questions anyone may have about wrestling.

My topic is viable because not many people know about wrestling or its past. I myself know some about the sport but I wish to expand my knowledge and the share my knowledge among my peers. And I will help people understand the basic fundamentals of wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment